Paul Ratcliff Building and Waterproofing Inspections founder Paul Ratcliff is the Chairperson of the MBA Waterproofing Technical Committee. For over 20 years Paul has been co-authoring books on waterproofing.
- “Book 1: The Guide to Internal Wet Area Waterproofing”
- “Book 2: Guide to External Waterproofing- Balcony Decks”
- “Book 3: Guide to Waterproofing-Planterboxes”
- “Book 4: Guide to Flashings and Damp proof courses”
These books have been adopted by TAFE as reference material for waterproofing and building courses. As Chairperson Paul had the role of pulling the Committee together and steering it to achieve publication.
- 2017: Mecca Events Seminar – Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, New Zealand “Why Water & Buildings Don’t Mix”
- 2015:Probuild Melbourne present standardised waterproofing form.
- 2015: MBA Re-accreditation conference – remedial waterproofing
- 2013: Rapid Conference AS 4654.2-2012 implications.
- 2010: Probuild Pty Ltd Perth- Overview of waterproofing multi-level buildings.
- 2010: Tzannes Architects waterproofing buildings
- 2010: Master Builders Association forum on the waterproofing industry in 2010
- 2010: Institute of Building Consultants Annual Conference Shoal Bay review of AS 4654.2-2009 and planter box waterproofing.
- 2010: Sydney East Architects AS 4654.2-2009 and planter box waterproofing.
- 2010: MBA Gosford seminar on planter box waterproofing and flashings.
- 2010: Bannermans Lawyer’s common waterproofing failures.
- 2009: Royal Institute of Architects seminar, “Waterproofing critical wet areas”.
- 2008: Training seminar for Parkview Constructions Pty Ltd
- 2008: MBA Rose Hill Racecourse Seminar ‘Waterproofing, where are we now?’
- 2007: Office of Fair Trading presented training on internal and external waterproofing
- 2006: Probuild Melbourne prepared work method statement and lecture on waterproofing
- 2004: Presented training course to Fugen Constructions Pty Ltd on Industry Best Practice Methods of Internal Wet Area Waterproofing.
- 2004: Presented training course to all of Barclay Mowlem site staff on Industry Best Practice Methods of Internal Wet Area Waterproofing
- 2004: Prepared work method statement in conjunction with Bostik Finlay for application of polyurethane membrane in multi-storey residential developments
- 2003: Building Codes Board. Preparation of the training package for the national waterproofing course.
- 2003: Founding member of the Master Builders Waterproofing Council
- 2002: Master Builders Association provided direction on course content for TAFE course in “Wet Area Waterproofing”.
- 2001: Guest Speaker Eastern Suburbs Evening College. Topic Pre-purchase inspections
- 2000: Guest speaker “Wet Seal National Conference”. Topic: Waterproofing Defects.
- 1997: Guest speaker for South Side Valuers. Topic: Pre-purchase Inspections
- 1989: TAFE teacher for “Building” in the Building Diploma Course